Facebook
Custom Settings: Only my friends can see my profile, status and links, basic info, personal info, wall posts, friends in common, education info and work info. Everyone who can see my profile can see pictures and videos with me tagged in them.
Facebook has the right to use any of your information including pictures you put on your profile. It also gathers personal information (such as name, email address, telephone number, address gender, etc.) you knowingly choose to disclose and Web Site use information (such as browser type and IP address) as you interact with Facebook. I also changed my settings to where I cannot be found through web searches.
Facebook claims the right to use the personal information you make available.
Howdy
Howdy claims that any information that is obtained through this site is kept secure and accurate from unauthorized access. Information is only released in reasons to do with legal issues. Tamu follows the texas public information act.
I use the default setting on this site mainly because im to lazy to change it but after doing this exercise I realize it is probably the safest site I am a member of so I will continue to use default settings.
Elearning
For this site I use default settings because there isn’t much on this site that the university is even legally allowed to release without my permission. This site does not use cookies to gather information. Even for parents to access my information I have to explicitly give the university my permission to do so.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment